Fursuit Commission Terms of Service
Please read all of this before contacting me about any queries or quotes!
Quotes and Payment
- You must be 18 years of age or older to commission a suit from me.
- Quotes given are only valid for 3 months.
- Before your commission starts and before you send me your deposit, I will ask you to sign a copy of my TOS (digitally or on a printed hard copy. If you sign it by hand, please scan it and send me that image. Then when you send your DTD to me, please include that hard copy in the box.)
- The commission can either be paid in full upfront or via a payment plan which will be discussed through email.
- Once you and I have agreed on a price, a nonrefundable deposit of at least 30% of your total quote is required to secure your commission slot and pay for materials. If you're paying via payment plan, the remaining amount will be paid in installments as agreed. This payment plan must take no longer than 12 months or as otherwise agreed upon in writing.
- If you are an Australian citizen you may pay by bank transfer.
- If not I will invoice you for payments via paypal. Once the first one is paid, materials will be ordered and work will begin on your costume once I reach your slot. (I may take multiple slots on at once)
- Deposit must be paid within a week of you signing this TOS.
- Once we have agreed on a date for you to send the deposit, you must send it on that date.
- Communication is key. Please keep in contact with me and reply to my emails/messages as soon as you can- it is much appreciated!
- I understand that emergencies happen and things can change, but I am not a bank. If you miss payments or you drop out of contact with me for too long I may have to drop your commission and refund you for whatever work has not been done. I may then change up the design of the character into something unique and sell what has been made. You may also be blacklisted from ever commissioning me again. This is at my discretion.
- I own two snakes and a dog, and occasionally visit my parents who own several cats. Though I do my best to keep my pets away from my work, it is almost impossible to ensure their dander stays completely separated from work.
- Commissioned items are completely cleaned before being sent to the commissioner. However, if you are allergic to cats, dogs or reptiles, perhaps it is best you do not commission me.
- A character reference that shows either two or three views of your character is required.
- I don't work from text references. If you do not have concept art, it is possible for you to commission a fursuit character reference from me.
- Please bare in mind that some markings in art do not translate well into 3D fursuits.
- Shipping will be calculated once your commission is completely finished. Please keep in mind I work in Australia and international shipping may be expensive.
- The customer will always pay shipping.
- Product will always be shipped by registered post. You may choose to insure your completed commission at your own expense, just let me know.
- I am not at all responsible for the package/costume once it leaves my hands. I am not responsible for any lost or damaged product due to the shipping/mail.
- Please do not hesitate to contact me if you are having any issues with your commission whatsoever, I will be happy to help!
- Refunds will be issued at my discretion and will depend on how much of your suit has been completed.
- If none of your suit has been completed but materials have been ordered, you will be refunded all money except for the nonrefundable 30% as mentioned above.
- If your suit is over 60% complete (as determined by me), no refund will be given if you cancel the commission.
- If I decide to cancel your commission, you will be refunded accordingly.
- At this time, I do not accept deadlines or estimated completion dates of any kind. This is to ensure that no work is rushed and that you end up with the highest quality. If you need your order quickly, I reserve the right to add a rush charge.
Updates and Work-In-Progress pictures
- WIPS and updates of your commissioned work will be shown periodically through email, twitter, instagram or my FurAffinity account 8Bit-Fluff (but mostly through email).
- You can request updates at any time, but please be mindful of frequency and respectful of privacy.
- If you want your suit to be a secret and you do not wish me to post wips, please let me know in advance.
Sizing/DTDs and Repairs
- An accurate Duct Tape Dummy is required for your suit to be made if you have commissioned anything that includes a bodysuit.
- HERE is a tutorial to make your DTD. Make sure you use strong duct tape that has cloth in it.
- This duct tape dummy must be fully taped up before it is sent to me. (But leave it unstuffed)
- The better quality the duct tape dummy is, the better your suit will fit. Please tape all the way to your neck, past your wrists and ankles and mark where they are with a permanent marker. Please tape up to your knuckles but leave the thumb free via a hole. Think long sleeved top with thumb holes. Also tape your feet or just your heels as a part of the DTD.
- Please mark where you want the base of your tail to sit on the DTD. This should be at your tailbone.
- Please be sure to write your name and your character's name on the DTD!
- Should your suit need repairs, please contact me to discuss them at 8BitWorksFursuits@gmail.com
- If you get work done on your 8Bit-Works suit by another maker, I may not be able to fix what they have done if it was not what you wanted. Please do always contact me before another maker, even if it is just to let me know what the issue was.
Last minute changes
- Changes to your costume after the full price has been paid/or if parts are finished will cost extra. How much extra depends on what they are and how difficult they are to do. Changes like this may be refused and are priced at my discretion.
- I reserve the right to refuse any commission request.
- Anything agreed on by both parties in emails during the commission period is binding.
- If you rush or abuse me your commission will be dropped. Refunds are at my discretion.
- Your costume may be tried on by a model similar in size to you for photos. (Completely cleaned afterwards)
- I reserve the right to take/post pictures of any costume I make whilst it is in my hands. These pictures may be posted on my website, and used in other promotions of my work (i.e. on business cards etc.)
- I am not responsible for any injuries you may incur whilst wearing a costume made by me.
- These terms are subject to change at any time and will always apply to your commission.
Please do not hesitate to contact me about any queries~
email me at 8BitWorksFursuits.gmail.com
These terms are subject to change at any time
and will always apply to your commission.
and will always apply to your commission.
Copyright © 8Bit-Works 2015-21. All rights reserved.